How can we obtain organizational goals by enhancing employee skills through behavioral training modules?
Skill improvement through behavioral training modules
- Today learning and training has become a strategic component of the strategic HR mission of business leaders as well as HR executives in an organisation. Leveraging integrated talent applications to drive optimal employee performance is also trending these days.
- Off late out of many behavioral training modules e-learning has universally become the most efficient and cost-effective means to train the workforce.
- However, the excellent way to accurately train the employees for meeting organisational objectives remains in focussing the training in three significant domains of skill improvement through behavioral training modules.
- With the help of a training module which is proficient in producing optimal training for each type of specific skill and checking for comprehension by examining the outcomes from other human resource processes will push the performance within the company while employees improve their specific, functional, soft, and compliance based skills along with the building up of positive attitude.
In the following paragraphs, we will further examine the three critical behavioral training module areas along with how to impart behavioral training to push organisational and employee performance.
Recommended reading: How to Succeed
Developing Functional Skill through training module
- Developing functional skill refers to the improvement of an employee’s “hard skills” such as equipment operation, data analysis, or medical field certifications etc.
- An organisation cannot perform its function/services efficiently and adequately if its employees do not maintain the relevant tactical skills.
- Training for hard skills usually happens when an employee is either onboarding for a new position or directly preceding a task that needs new skills.
- Providing continuous development opportunities for hard skills will enhance overall bench strength and enable organisations to adapt to emerging business challenges immediately.
- Since functional skills are quantifiable, companies can test their employees’ competencies in these areas during hiring, recruiting and at regular intervals after that.
- As part of the performance evaluation process, companies can compare an employee’s knowledge of certain tasks on the job and their knowledge based on testing as recorded in an organisation’s learning solution.
Improving Soft skill through micro learning module
- Improving soft skill here means developing an individual’s competencies and behaviours.
- These include the skill of strategic thinking, team building, communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, personal effectiveness and creative problem-solving skills that significantly govern the interpersonal actions of an employee inside or outside the company.
- E-learning offers various types of modalities and training sessions making it the best training method for developing soft skills. Employees can view common scenarios and engage in periodic checkpoints that asses their personal choices using short and self-paced learning modules. HR solutions that integrate talent and analytics can also be used to help your organisation bond sales and customer content ratings from the field to particular soft skill development actions.
- Such metrics will help your company decide which employees possess high competency in specific areas and who must strengthen their skill sets with further training.
Compliance Development Training
- Compliance development training comprises topics extending from industry and regulatory mandates to workplace safety.
- While compliance skills may either be rooted in soft or functional capabilities, its requirements tend to be either industry or company specific.
- Many enterprises find themselves facing unusually stringent and detailed compliance regulations that need adequate training and administration to deter violations of acceptable standards.
- Executing a learning management system that maintains compliance completion tracking as well as requirements around logging, auditing and validation can assure that the company took proper procedures to deter costly mistakes and violations of the law.
What could be the perfect scenario for improving skills?
The perfect way to nurture talent and skills involve behavioral training, imparting and building a positive attitude, prioritizing and defining development plans based on the requirements of both the individual and the organisation. The ideal scenario takes into consideration the following:
- Principal organisational goals are streamed across the organisation
- To ensure focused direction individual performance goals must be linked to organisational objectives
- The basis for job profiles should be competency
- 360 degrees feedback from peers and managers highlight competency gaps and extra focus on individual development
- E-learning includes personalised learning paths to provide the most needed development on demand
- Skill gaps identified from job profiles and talent profiles highlight other potential deficiencies
Thus the development and training of employees for hard and skills and compliance-based needs must be taught, assigned, nurtured, and measured across the employee talent management lifecycle to bring out rich business results.Using the medium of behavioral training modules as well as micro learning modules will also help an organisation and its employees to a greater extent.
Successful organisations, therefore, develop all three skill areas to maximise employee and organisational performance. They leverage combined talent management solutions to link skills development to strategic functions such as goal alignment, performance, competencies, compensation, development and succession planning.
By joining the above critical components across the full employee talent process, an organisation can better motivate, manage, reward and improve the skills of every individual employee across your organisation.
Leave A Comment